Urgent Care :: blood clot on skin

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:20 pm   blood clot on skin

Need urgent help with a rescue turtle. She's the only turtle in her encluse, has good appetite. I'd say however that perhaps she overbasks lately. I've had her for 11 months now, I took her in after she was neglected at her last place. Picture number one is her belly, this started to look like it about 1 month ago, I assumed it's OK because I thought it was just shedding. Picture number two: today I notice a blood clot/bruise on her skin.

https://imgur.com/a/x9fkhlO
https://imgur.com/a/WMxvhcM

To me this looks like she tried to retract her backfeet but something got in the way??? Or is this something more serious?
SliderBruises

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:25 pm   Re: blood clot on skin

I think it's more likely a bruise of some sort. If it does not get better soon/clear up, then I would have her seen by a vet.

As for the white stuff... it's fungus. The most effective med would be a cream called silver sulfadiazine, but that requires a prescription. The fungus would not be related to the bruise.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:17 am   Re: blood clot on skin

I forgot to mention that this bruise is on both sides behind her back legs in exactly the same spots, which made me think they are bruises because her skin there has always been flappy. As for fungus medication, I’m currently in the country of Georgia (Caucasus one...) so I don't know if Ill f8nd that medication, so I have ask ahead of time for any alternatives
SliderBruises

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:44 pm   Re: blood clot on skin

Any other symptoms? Has she gotten out of the tank before?
steve
Site Admin

Return to Urgent Care