Urgent Care :: turtle tail injury

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:15 pm   Re: turtle tail injury

An infection bacterial he had prior caused him to have other probllems. So only going on a short trip to the doc, instincts and some reading up. Had a friend who owned one for a lifetime. Don't mind taking care of him until he gets a home. It was not a problem but the situation scary, sticky. I know he has to have his meds. Its important for him so I can see it all healed up.
Alleysrock

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:56 pm   Re: turtle tail injury

There was a death in our little family such a rough winter. RES's friend a sweet bird I was fostering. She became sick and then the Vet said that I could come in with her but we never made it. Oddly enough the red ear seems to be too sad. He's stopped eating and drinking. His wound is very nearly all healed up will see what best becomes of it. How is going to walk, geting around. Can't get him crutches is all that I'm concerned about...
Alleysrock

Post Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:49 am   Re: turtle tail injury

Sorry to hear about your bird. As for as your RES, I'm not sure what will happen. Hopefully it will heal enough so it is not a detriment.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:57 am   Re: turtle tail injury

By the way thank you again. His bird friend and he were cute to watch together. It was strange as if he sensed something was wrong. Silly I know but a strange coincodence the way they both became sick at the same time. It's not very likely the RES will have gained back full range of motion in the leg. It is a lot to think about. Last I checked he was healing up just fine but some days not so sure. What next is getting him to eat he's a really picky eater. Any suggestions ?
Alleysrock

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:36 am   Re: turtle tail injury

What does he normally eat and what is he willing to eat now? When my RES are stubborn, they usually get a bit of boiled white chicken meat and banana.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:30 am   Re: turtle tail injury

Am back. Been busy keeping up with Reses leg. Its looking good mostly healed up. Giving him little treats he usually only just takes a bite. Eggs turtle food shrimp. Am mostly throwing it away. Chicken usually works broccoli but not a lot of luck. Is there anything I can do to get him to eat maybe something to stimulate his appetite ? He's sleeping so much. I guess he should be ok. He walks around a little not much.
Alleysrock

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:36 pm   Re: turtle tail injury

Some canned tuna (w/water) can be used as a treat and for variety. He should be a little more active with more appetite.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:21 am   Re: turtle tail injury

Hmm tuna I have tried will try again. It seems like he's knocked out sometimes. Don't think it's the leg. Its looking better than ever. Maybe he has to just gain his strength back. He sleeps like a cat now. Always enjoyed stealing away a little time to play. Dealing with the issues this past year it would be so nice if he ran some for the heck of it again.
Alleysrock

Previous

Return to Urgent Care