Urgent Care :: Turtle is peeing blood

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:48 pm   Turtle is peeing blood

Hi,
I have already called for the vet but we will not be able to see them until Wednesday. My turtle is 2 years old and she has been bleeding two days now. If we put her on the land, she will not bleed. As soon as we put her in the water and feed her, she starts bleeding like the picture. I don't know what to do until Wednesday to make sure she will not bleed again :(
Attachments
turtle 1.jpeg
turtle 2.jpeg
shark94112

Post Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:28 am   Re: Turtle is peeing blood

That looks pretty serious. I would keep her out of the tank and in some place warm and clean. You would want to put her back in every few hours so she can drink. During the past 2 days, has she peed out of the tank?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:47 am   Re: Turtle is peeing blood

Hi Steve,
We put her on the dry land and she hasn't peed. She is just sleeping the whole day if we leave her alone. But I have a feeling that when i put her back in the water, she will pee blood again so we are afraid, we just put a bowl of water next to her :( :( :(. she seems anxious all the time.
We contacted all the vet in the city and no one treats turtle. Only one said they will take a look on Wednesday but no promise. :cry:
shark94112

Post Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:02 pm   Re: Turtle is peeing blood

Are there any visible injuries? Have you checked here? https://tortoise.org/general/vetlist.html
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:35 pm   Re: Turtle is peeing blood

Hi Steve. There are no visible injuries. Whatever it is, it is internal. I will give the list a call. Thank you for the help !
shark94112

Post Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:12 am   Re: Turtle is peeing blood

No problem, good luck with her and keep me updated.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Urgent Care