Urgent Care :: **URGENT**My Turtle need immediate help

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 2:41 am   **URGENT**My Turtle need immediate help

Hi, I have Caspian pond turtle , for last few days we are seeing white spots on his neck,hands and legs and around eyes.
we started taking him to natural light for sometime in a day and goes into water only for 30 min twice a day.
Normal temperature where he is goes to 40*C during day and around 20*C in night

Also started putting anti fungal cream on his skin and betadine on his shell twice a day. he is not eating for last 2 days
what can we do to save him

Attaching his photos
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2019-05-28 at 9.22.31 AM.jpeg
you can see white around his eyes
WhatsApp Image 2019-05-27 at 11.26.07 AM (1).jpeg
white patches on his shell and skin
fusion123

Post Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 9:06 am   Re: **URGENT**My Turtle need immediate help

How many days are between those pictures? What cream are you using? How are you trying to feed him?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 12:20 pm   Re: **URGENT**My Turtle need immediate help

1 day only.. second photo is without starting anti fungal cream. we have used Monistat on skin and betadine on shell. Sin is little better now but more concerning is his eyes which seems is discharging something. He is not eating anything for last 2 days.pls help
fusion123

Post Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 9:22 pm   Re: **URGENT**My Turtle need immediate help

If the cream is oily, it could be masking the fungus. I'd be surprised if Betadine alone would do much against fungus. I'd stop the treatment and concentrate on getting him back to eating. If he's out of water for long periods of time, you might be seeing mineral deposits around the eyes.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu May 30, 2019 2:24 pm   Re: **URGENT**My Turtle need immediate help

skin is alot better now.. but we are worried about his eyes and eating. he is not eating at all. we gave carrot juice soak today and some holiday food just to get him calcium. tried antibiotic eye drops but he constantly itching his eyes and its watery. what do we do to make him feel better
fusion123

Post Posted: Fri May 31, 2019 4:50 am   Re: **URGENT**My Turtle need immediate help

Is he being dry docked or in the regular tank? I would primarily keep things stress-free and cut down on any excessive treatment or handling.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Urgent Care