Urgent Care :: My red eared slider is blinking more often than usual.

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:17 pm   My red eared slider is blinking more often than usual.

How big is your turtle? Quite big, Ipad size
How long have you had it? 8 years.

I tried to remove all the pebbles from the tank so he won't eat anymore. But after I changed water yesterday I found him blinking more than usual and sometimes with just 1 of his eye blinking. Is it the famous turtle disease?

Everything else has been fine, the water is clean and I change it every 2 days, just want to prevent any problem.
Slowpokeking

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:16 pm   Re: My red eared slider is blinking more often than usual.

If you have to change the water every 2 days, either there is very little water or there is something seriously wrong. Can you answer some these questions?

viewtopic.php?t=2142
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:42 pm   Re: My red eared slider is blinking more often than usual.

steve wrote:If you have to change the water every 2 days, either there is very little water or there is something seriously wrong. Can you answer some these questions?

viewtopic.php?t=2142

There is no water heater and the water is enough to cover his shell. The tank is near the window.

Otherwise he is ok for now, if there is more serious condition I will post.
Slowpokeking

Return to Urgent Care