Urgent Care :: HELP! My RES jaw looks like it is out of place and wont shut

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:02 am   HELP! My RES jaw looks like it is out of place and wont shut

IMG_0182.jpg
[/img]Earlier this morning/afternoon he was fine. I noticed when i went to feed him his mouth was wide open and he wouldn't close it. He was basking for a bit then was underwater fine but still with his mouth open. As I inspected his mouth, it looked like his jaw might be popped out of place? I did some research and the only thing i found was RI (respiratory infection) but i dont think that is the case. here is a photo and tell me what yall think!
SquirtandFlirt

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:09 am   Re: HELP! My RES jaw looks like it is out of place and wont

It does look like the beak area is on the outside. Did he chip it?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:26 pm   Re: HELP! My RES jaw looks like it is out of place and wont

steve wrote:It does look like the beak area is on the outside. Did he chip it?

NO It was popped out...I was able to gently pop it back in but his mouth. but a bit open maybe from the swelling? He was able to eat today but im still worried about him :/
SquirtandFlirt

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:57 pm   Re: HELP! My RES jaw looks like it is out of place and wont

I've never seen it pop out before. Must have been a bit scary. Go really gentle with what he eats for now (softer foods) and maybe spread it out so he doesn't eat aggressively.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Urgent Care