Urgent Care :: Help!!! im not sure whether my RES has shell rot!!

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:08 am   Re: Help!!! im not sure whether my RES has shell rot!!

Isabelle , Since we are talking about docks can you please move to another topic like Indoor Habitat , so to keep "Urgent Care " open for those topics . We will follow!
Is this a second turtle now "a tortoise " ? Picture in first was an aquatic turtle , just want to be sure.
litefoot

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:51 pm   Re: Help!!! im not sure whether my RES has shell rot!!

litefoot wrote:Having to deal with natural disasters ( hurricanes) by me the center I volunteered at tested lots of drugs so when normal drugs were unavailable . One thing at any shelter or around was a babies diaper rash cream. Test are needed on OTC drugs with some ingredients that are harmful to a turtle. The "zinc oxide" in most diaper rash creams was proven to them to be safe for turtles by there lab's testing. Also is used by some old time turtle keepers. It was and always in there emergency kits and was used during Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Yes it's no silver sulfadiazine but it does work and is available in most places along with the dry docking. It may just take a few more days but is good , just a thought that may help in Singapore.

i bought the anti fungi from my pet store i tried it on for one day lets see how it goes
isabellecxr

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:12 pm   Re: Help!!! im not sure whether my RES has shell rot!!

Can you explain "tried it for one day " ?
Fungus is something that needs to be treated "continually" a minimum of "7" day's, even with a RX drug. No different than drugs for humans some need to be taken for the full time even if you think you feel better.
litefoot

Previous

Return to Urgent Care