Urgent Care :: URGENT:Unusual Behavior after water change

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:53 pm   URGENT:Unusual Behavior after water change

I just did a water change in my 80 Gallon tank for an 8" Slider. She is very healthy and active usually. I added water conditioner and drops to control algae growth. I've done nothing different than dozens of previous water changes. Now she is resting at bottom of tank with her eyes closed. This is not something I've ever seen her do except at night with lights off. The temperature is 81. Should I be panicking? Could I have done something wrong,
Thank you
Roazbear
Roazbear in Austin
Keeper of Abigail the Redslider
Roazbear

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:43 am   Re: URGENT:Unusual Behavior after water change

Extract her first, just incase it is something like a condition.
hello there
HelperTurtle123

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:04 am   Re: URGENT:Unusual Behavior after water change

How soon did you put her in after the water change? It's likely some chlorine/chloramines in the water (if you get water from a municipal supply) and I'd suggest using activated carbon instead of water conditioner.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:59 am   Re: URGENT:Unusual Behavior after water change

I put the water conditioner in as soon as as I start refilling the tank. I usually put her back in before the tank is done refilling.
Roazbear in Austin
Keeper of Abigail the Redslider
Roazbear

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:45 am   Re: URGENT:Unusual Behavior after water change

My guess would be the chlorine/chloramines in the water. Did she go back to normal within a day?
steve
Site Admin

Return to Urgent Care