Urgent Care :: does amount of dirt in water affect turtle health

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:42 am   does amount of dirt in water affect turtle health

heyy dudes

little bit of a backstory:
so our house is under renovation for 10 days, now 3 more days remaining, and theres like a TON of dust around the house. All of a sudden, something happens and theres like, 'poop' 'particles' everywhere inside, it's quite cloudy

could dirt in water have major affects on turtles? my mom is like ONLY telling me that we are going to put the filter in on thursday. whenever i bring up the filter, 'stop, were doing it ONLY on thursday'

can you please help me provide proof on why it is unhealthy for turtles .-. :(
hello there
HelperTurtle123

Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:06 am   Re: does amount of dirt in water affect turtle health

update:
i dry docked them all
hello there
HelperTurtle123

Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:43 pm   Re: does amount of dirt in water affect turtle health

Can you post any pictures?

If you don't have a filter running, it's possible you've got a bacterial outbreak or possibly some type of algae. Nether is catastrophic.

Extra water changes may be all you need to address it in the meantime.

I'm a bit confused. Did you have a filter that you removed for the renovation? What sized tank? How many turtles and what size?
Tobi a RES born in 2012
1 dog, 1 teenager, 3 aquariums filled with fish, snails, shrimp and a bit of algae
ljapa

Return to Urgent Care