Urgent Care :: Tail bitten or fell off? now red Urgent!!

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:17 pm   Re: Tail bitten or fell off? now red Urgent!!

with my luck Remy is the only female out of the three and any hope of breeding will be gone. Yet the idea of running a extra tank seems daunting.
Atticus -RES
Arianna -Rio Grande RES
Jean, Harley and Remy -DBT
#turtlemom
sirenlove

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:57 pm   Re: Tail bitten or fell off? now red Urgent!!

Running another tank, I guess, is just something we need to deal with. I'm not sure how some people deal with it or just get lucky with well-behaved terrapins.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:55 pm   Re: Tail bitten or fell off? now red Urgent!!

so I took my aggressive one out and I thought everything was fine and I have the other 2 together in a 30 long. Harley's tail has been looking good. it closed and is normal color now. I just finished feeding them and I look over and now Jean has Harley by the tail. There's still plenty of food no reason for that. I dont see any blood though.
Atticus -RES
Arianna -Rio Grande RES
#turtlemom
sirenlove

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:09 am   Re: Tail bitten or fell off? now red Urgent!!

Some have said that they will take advantage of injured/sick turtles, I hope there's no aggression.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:21 am   Re: Tail bitten or fell off? now red Urgent!!

Yeah maybe i should keep him out longer. I'm also wondering if its because they have nothing to do. I had to strip there tank prior to any of this due to unstoppable algae. So there was nothing but the dock there and they are insanely active. My other too are nothing like that unless it involves food or a visitor. Maybe i need to refurnish the tank so they'll be occupied.
Atticus -RES
Arianna -Rio Grande RES
#turtlemom
sirenlove

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:27 am   Re: Tail bitten or fell off? now red Urgent!!

I read somewhere today that not having things to play with can cause aggression.
Atticus -RES
Arianna -Rio Grande RES
#turtlemom
sirenlove

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:26 pm   Re: Tail bitten or fell off? now red Urgent!!

It could just be personality... some are much more aggressive than others.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:02 am   Re: Tail bitten or fell off? now red Urgent!!

:roll: I can't win.
Atticus -RES
Arianna -Rio Grande RES
#turtlemom
sirenlove

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:56 pm   Re: Tail bitten or fell off? now red Urgent!!

Same here... dealing with multiple tanks sucks a lot of energy from you.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:46 am   Re: Tail bitten or fell off? now red Urgent!!

Yeah i already have two i can't imagine running 3 right now. I know eventually I will have to but that's years from now.
Atticus -RES
Arianna -Rio Grande RES
#turtlemom
sirenlove

Previous

Return to Urgent Care