Urgent Care :: Going on a holiday very soon.

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:42 am   Going on a holiday very soon.

Okay, maybe I shouldn't post this in urgent care but then again, in my opinion, more people respond to the urgent care section than any other.

So, back to what I was going to say-

Since I am going on a holiday for two days very soon, what do you advise I do?

My uncle will not be here to feed them.
They fight occasionally in water.
Never fight out of water though.
I do not have an extra tank except for a very very tiny tank.

So I'm thinking I dry dock them and let them sleep for the two days, since they also have shell fungus and nobody will be home so they will be left sleeping.

Then again, I have second thoughts, what if they wake up during the two days? I have indeed left them for one day before and they did NOT seem happy when I woke them up. So maybe they will keep sleeping? Anybody have other ideas on how I should approach this?

Should I take them over to where I will be going?

Thanks
Having people acknowledge your existence is a wonderful thing.
HelperTurtle123

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:01 am   Re: Going on a holiday very soon.

Do you not have anyone you trust to educate in your daily care for them and pet sit over the next two weeks? That would be my first recommendation.. Have fun and relax on your holiday.
Confirmed Sexed Pair of Albino Red Ear Sliders, Baby Albino and Hybino Red Ear Slider and Adult Normal Male Red Ear Slider
Tampa Bay Turtle Fan

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:11 am   Re: Going on a holiday very soon.

If they fight in water, they can also fight on land... it's a matter of time. You can do a dry dock over a couple of days in optimal weather/temperatures. You'll need a basking light but that is a fire hazard, especially with no one around. I'd recommend a pet sitter as well.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 2:32 am   Re: Going on a holiday very soon.

Those three are strong ones, we will be going for two days and I think they will be able to stay asleep in some pieces of cloth for two days.

Once, I dry docked them for a night, and in the morning, when I tapped on one of them, he rubbed his eyes, stared at me for a sec, and fell asleep.
Having people acknowledge your existence is a wonderful thing.
HelperTurtle123

Return to Urgent Care