Urgent Care :: Im a newbie and i dont know what's going on

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:50 am   Re: Im a newbie and i dont know what's going on

aww :( so sad.. how old is Grylls?
do you know any medicine or treatment good to fight RI? i had searched it before, and the internet says baytril is good. unfortunately, here in my city, they dont have any..
he is still survive until now, although his condition is worsen than before :( but he is still active and acting all cute wahaha
Clentire

Post Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:59 am   Re: Im a newbie and i dont know what's going on

I'm not sure what else you can try. Keep the temperatures warm and the water clean. Baytril is acquired through a prescription, so you will need to check with a vet for the dosage/treatment length.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:54 pm   Re: Im a newbie and i dont know what's going on

Ohh i see.. Okay then, thanks for the information
Clentire

Post Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:56 pm   Re: Im a newbie and i dont know what's going on

Raising the temperature to 92-95 degrees can often give the turtle's immune system just the boost it needs to fight off the infection. Proper UV lighting is critical and as always, 15 minutes of full exposure to natural sunlight twice or three times daily is essential.

This symptom is a classic indicator for Veterinary care. A course of injectible antibiotics such as Baytril is clearly the best treatment and almost assures a positive outcome.

Prognosis: Without veterinary care, the road back to health is very long. After 30-45 days with higher temperatures and proper UV exposure and nutrition it is possible that a turtles will experience a full recovery.

Oh and, I just found out my tiniest turtle whom I got almost two years ago has Respiratory infection
hello there
HelperTurtle123

Post Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:47 pm   Re: Im a newbie and i dont know what's going on

Ohh okaay, i will try that. Thank you for the information, it means alot.
Oh my.. I hope he or she can get better
Clentire

Previous

Return to Urgent Care