Urgent Care :: Baby RES Dying

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:52 pm   

So sorry to hear the news. :( Try to improve the set-up of the one turtle that's left...
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:09 pm   

I'm really sorry to hear the news about the dead turtle. :cry: Anyway try to live on with your only turtle at this time and take good care of him. :wink:
-Daniel-
DanielRES1180

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:34 pm   

Hey, once again sorry for the long wait. well the red ear is doin a little better. he started moving a little bit and the bumps are almost gone. He walks around his turtle dock and sometimes falls halfway in the water. His eyes are still sunk in but i think he'll get better. I feel bad for the little guy. oh yeah 1 more question... he hasent eaten that much at all. i put some food on the dock for him, and put some in the water but he wont eat it. what should i do about that?
"Am I Not Turtley Enough For The Turtle Club?...Turtle-Turtle!"
T To The Turtle

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:33 pm   

Try something with a strong smell (bits of sardines or tuna). You could try feeding in a separate container to keep the tank water cleaner. I'd put the food in front of him in the water.

How sunken in are his eyes? Has his set-up been improved?
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:41 am   

He's in a 10 gallon right now because he's sick. One of his eyes have a lump on it and the other 1 looks almost normal. He still hasnt opened his eyes and the only time he moves is if he is on his island or if i put him in the water. He still breathes through the mouth, and he doesnt go in the water. When he gets better he's going into the 75 gallon tank i had him in. I tried putting some dried freshwater shrimps in front of him (Its his favorite food i guess), but he didnt move at all. My sis thinks that i should put the food in his mouth when he opens his mouth but he will choke on it or spit it out right?
"Am I Not Turtley Enough For The Turtle Club?...Turtle-Turtle!"
T To The Turtle

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:09 pm   

If you try to stick it really far into his mouth, he'd probably choke. Can you hold a shrimp (or piece of one) in your fingers right in front of his nose and see if the takes that?

What is the water temp and basking area in the tank he's in? Does he have proper lighting?
marisa
Retired Mod

Previous

Return to Urgent Care