Urgent Care :: RES Help!. Don't know what's wrong with him.

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:59 pm   RES Help!. Don't know what's wrong with him.

One of my 5 RES' Is not moving and actually got flipped over by another accidentally and didn't try right himself. His tail and everything is tucked in and I don't know what's wrong with him.
lvshak1

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:05 pm   

How old is he/she? Give the details so we can help.
Sid Vicious, Baby RES
Cats: Soxie, Nera, and Minksie. All mixed breeds. And Spike, a Norwegian Forest Cat.

"I never realized that looking at the tears would make me laugh, and looking at the laughs would make me cry." ~Unknown
pretty.rock.machine

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:16 pm   Age/size

He/she is prolly only 3-4 months old 1 1/2" big. He's been one of the most active since I got them up untill today. He also has what looks like kind of a cream colored something under his tail near the rectum that I haven't noticed before. Could he be constipated or something?
lvshak1

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:59 pm   

Well, poop isn't cream colored...

I looked back through the old threads to see if I could find anything and none of the ones I read said anything about the rectum. Have you tried searching this up on other websites? Try to find the link to an Austin's Turtle Page (I can't remember the link right now) I'm sure it's around here or on Yahoo. It's quite helpful. If not, get your turt to a herp vet ASAP.

My Sid is only about that big too. I hope your turt gets better.
Sid Vicious, Baby RES
Cats: Soxie, Nera, and Minksie. All mixed breeds. And Spike, a Norwegian Forest Cat.

"I never realized that looking at the tears would make me laugh, and looking at the laughs would make me cry." ~Unknown
pretty.rock.machine

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:20 am   RI maybe?

Could it be RI maybe?
lvshak1

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:35 am   

There is a picture here that looks like what you are describing, scroll to the bottom of the page: http://www.austinsturtlepage.com/Care/emergencies.htm

On this page ( http://www.austinsturtlepage.com/Care/m ... 0on%20Skin: ), almost at the bottom, there is a section called: "White / Brown Patches on Skin" I believe that is the section you need to check.

I hope that helps. :D
STRAYKINGFISHER

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:06 pm   No that's not really what it is....

I was watching him today and it looks like he's having trouble breathing maybe. I'm gonna try to find a vet to take him into.
lvshak1

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:01 am   

If you don't know of a herp vet, try locating one through the links in the sticky at the top of the Urgent Care Forum. A vet sounds like a really good idea from what you described. Let us know what happens.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:03 pm   

Any luck finding a vet? From what I understand California has got a lot of turtle help. Let us know what you find out.
Sid Vicious, Baby RES

pretty.rock.machine

Return to Urgent Care