Urgent Care :: what's wrong with my turtle?

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:17 pm   what's wrong with my turtle?

i've seen my RES do this a few times...when he's out basking, once in a while i'll see him twitch...sometimes it's his arm or leg, a few times even his head. i'm concerned because i have an older RES and i've never seen her do this! is there something wrong with him? :cry:
i <3 my turtles!
squirtle&toto

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:14 pm   

nope. Mine do that all the time. Maybe an itch or something. Nothing to worry about. I'm actually surprised that you've never seen the other turt do it.
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:22 pm   

I've never seen mine do, but I can also never get close enough.
TexasJagsFan

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:45 am   

I can relate to that, only one of mine will actually bask in front of me, but if I get too close, it will jump in the water, I ask them: " Why are scared?, you already know me. ) :D :D
STRAYKINGFISHER

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:59 am   

My RES will do that when he's been basking for a while. It usually means he's getting too warm and will either adjust his position to get further from the basking light or go back into the water.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Return to Urgent Care