Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: New to forum

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:26 pm   New to forum

Hello fellow turtle lovers,
I am new to this forum, but not to loving turtles. I have 3 baby RES turtles, (Gus, DJ, and Kratos). I have had them for about 4 weeks now, and they are doing great. I actually had a baby land turtle for about 2 years when I was young, but when my family moved, the turtle had to stay. :cry: Now, I am ready and willing to care for my new little friends. Just wanted to introduce myself, and say hello to everyone.

I do have one question. I seem to have quite a few baby snails growing in my tank, mainly in my filter. I change the filter often, but they come back every time, any suggestions on how to get rid of them, or are they safe to be in the tank??? :?
kristi393

Post Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:51 am   

Hi, welcome to the forum, I am glad your turtle is doing well and I hope it stays that way for a long, long, long time :D

As for the snails, your turtle might want to help with those, turtles like to crunch on snails, along with everything else. :D
STRAYKINGFISHER

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:35 pm   

Welcome. They're most likely on the aquatic plants your turtles are getting (I'm assuming you're feeding them some). You could cut down on them by cleaning your plants before putting them in the tank--rinse them well and keep them in clean water for a few days (you'll see the snails). If some get in the tank, however, they're just extra food for your turts. :)
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:09 pm   

I love the snails extra food and cleaner for the tank.
Don't put a question mark (?) where God has already put a period (.)!
lydia_lady_fla

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:34 pm   

Well, the snails are acutally in the filter, therefore the turtles are pretty much unable to get to them to eat them. But I wont worry to much about them if they wont harm my turtles. Thanks.
kristi393

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.