Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: You're back ... I'm back!

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:56 am   You're back ... I'm back!

Greetings from Texas!
I'm so excited to see this forum back and with so many new things to review. I especially like the moderator concept and of course any and all information regarding our little green friends.
It's also nice to see how many folks out there share the love for these wonderful creatures as well as fun to read the stories about their babies.
My friends can't seem to figure out what in the world I see in these "silly turtles" I always seem to have ... but little do they know. The different personalities, the funny things they do, the beautiful colors and patterns on them ... well, I could go on and on.
At the moment I have 7 - Scootabug who is 14 mths, Scootagirl, Snap, Issac, Dixie and Elvis who are all around the 9 mth mark. Last is LB an April hatchling that was sitting on a putting green waiting for me to rescue him!
Keep up the good work forum ... you are appreciated! ... t :D
fric

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:12 am   

Welcome! :D
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:42 am   HI

Hey, 7 WoW that's alot! i have 1 named jeffery, he is about 1.5 inches. My friends dont see why i love my turtle so much either. And they have some turtles themselves. they just dont get why i love mine so much. and they think that the fact that i belong to a turtle forum is rediculous. I have helped them so many countless times with there tank and setup. and they still think i am a weird freak. ohh well thats there problem!
GouzlanTheAmerican

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:07 am   

Welcome back.:) What are you keeping all those turtles in?
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:58 am   

hi and welcome looking forward to ur stories to.
Don't put a question mark (?) where God has already put a period (.)!
lydia_lady_fla

Post Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:51 pm   

Thanks for the responses and welcomes.

My turtles live in a 145 gal above the ground kidney shaped pond complete with a filter and a huge umbrella palm just outside our back door.

My friends think I'm weird too, but to each his own. No one believed there was a turtle forum out there either. I guess all of us weirdos will just have to stick together when it comes to sharing about our little green pets! 8)
fric

Post Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:15 am   

What do you mean "a turtle forum", there is a whole bunch of them, I have been to at least 10 of them, I check around to see what everyone is saying on other forums and how they treat their members, I am currently a member of four, this one plus 3 others :D :D :D
STRAYKINGFISHER

Post Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:50 am   

COOL !!!
8)
fric

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.