Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: New RES lover

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:27 pm   

I can relate, my turtles do the same :D , I have to sneak up on them, silly, I know, but not as silly as crawling beside the tank out of their line of site so that you don't disturb their basking :lol: :lol: (guilty!)
STRAYKINGFISHER

Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:35 pm   

I did the inching up thing on the ground also.... :oops: but she caught on real quick and swam to her hiding spot, little creep :( . I tried feeding her to see if she would relate food to me, but nope, she won't eat while I'm near the tank.

Ohwell! all is good, she is basking and swimming. She seems to be a happy, happy turtle :)
Urs
"A new RES lover"
sassygirl

Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:37 pm   

Oh, my turtles will eat while I am around, but when they see me, unless I have food in my hand, they want no part of me. :evil: :lol: :lol:
STRAYKINGFISHER

Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:47 pm   

well I'm going to try offering her some variety in her food beginning tonight. She has been on shrimp and pellets for this first week, wanted to give her time to adjust. Anything you can suggest that seems to really be a turtle favorite? I've printe the list from the What to feed post.
Urs
"A new RES lover"
sassygirl

Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:59 pm   

I feed them their turtle food soaked in tuna juice(water), also once in a long while I will give them some boiled chicken(whenever we make chicken salad), and I put a leaf of romaine lettuce so that they can nibble on it until I feed them again, then there are the fish, I now have only 3 rosey reds, the two big guppies have escaped thus far :lol: :lol: , I will have to get more rosey reds, I have gotten used to the fish begging for food. :lol: :lol:
STRAYKINGFISHER

Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:04 pm   

She seems to really love the shrimp, maybe I'll try the pellets in tuna juice also, that might catch her fancy.

We did try carrots and she didn't seem to like them at all, matter of fact just ignored them all together. But, there are alot of things on that list so will start with a few and see which she prefers.

thanks!
Urs
"A new RES lover"
sassygirl

Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:08 pm   

You're welcome, keep us posted :D
STRAYKINGFISHER

Previous

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.