Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: New, 2 RES

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:20 am   New, 2 RES

Hi,

I'm taking care of 2 RES for a few months for a friend who is away, and I joined this forum because I want to give these turtles the best few months I can.

I don't know exactly how old they are. One has a shell of 7-8 inches, and the other is smaller, with a shell of about 5 inches. The tank is a 125 gallon. They are a little shaken up right now, as today was the day they moved, but I can tell these guys are going to be fun to keep.

They also come with two large (middle-aged) goldfish. The goldfish were feeder goldfish that escaped until they were large enough that they couldn't be eaten. My friend didn't have the heart to kill them, and didn't realize how long the natural lifespan of goldfish is, so...10 years later....

I'm not new to fish; I've got 3 other tanks. But I've never kept turtles before.

Pi
Pi

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:03 am   

Welcome to the board. :D

Well, be careful because these little turtles will dig their way into your heart, just ask anyone here. :D , if you have any questions after reading all the stickies just ask and we'll try to answer.
STRAYKINGFISHER

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:19 am   

welcome
buckle your seat belt :!: you will learn alot and enjoy more and more :lol:
warning ......gonna be hard to let your friend take turts back :D you might start dreaming of a RES of your very own. guess that means you'll already be prepared for the expense and care of them huh. :wink:
Don't put a question mark (?) where God has already put a period (.)!
lydia_lady_fla

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.