Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Hello again!

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:05 pm   Hello again!

Hi, there! I posted a hello a few weeks ago, but I don't see it. So I'll introduce myself again. I am Lacey and I am a new RES Mom. The first one died in the first couple of weeks. Ying and Yang is what we named them. So now we only have Ying. I thought I lost him last night. His eyes were swollen for a week just like the last one. I rushede him to the vet this morning and got him an injection of vitamins and a crash course on turtle care. He weighs 7 oz. The vet said that was one of the biggest ones he has seen in the office in awhile. He is sleeping now and was eatting earlier. He said to keep him in some natual light so he can produce calcium. I put some calcium powder on his food and he munched on it a little so I am feeling more hopeful. Wish me luck and any advice would be helpful. Thanks, Lacey
piscesgirl

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:10 pm   

Good luck!!!

Read all the care info on the site if you haven't already. All the basic stuff is there. If you have specific questions after that, just post and we'll help ya :D
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:55 pm   

I remember your name from before (but the re-intro was a good refresher :) ). Keep your turtle warm and out of drafts and breezes. Read some of the info, particularly posts by those who have had sick turtles. Let us know how Ying is doing.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:17 pm   

little behind I have been out of town for a week trying to catch up hi welcome and sure hope you will update soon.
Don't put a question mark (?) where God has already put a period (.)!
lydia_lady_fla

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:16 pm   realize heat is important now

Yes, hello! Thanks for the welcome. The vet and a girl at the pet store said that heat is very important. He is just sleeping right now. His eyes are still swollen and he is very lathargic. It has been so cloudy here and very humid. I've had him outside for a little part of the day, but it started to rain so I put him in the artificial light. The heater for the water is working good. I take him for another shot tomarrow so hopefully he will get better soon. Lacey
piscesgirl

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:31 pm   

What kind of shot is he getting? Baytril?
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:04 pm   yes, its baytril

Yeah, I was wrong. Its baytril for RI. he had his third injection today. We made a spot outside so he can get sunlight. Since we live in South Florida he was inside all day and not getting any natural light. So he is out there now and comes in his tank at night or if it rains. I feed him out there now since its less messy. I have him in an old kitty litter box with a huge rock in the middle. Problem is that he isn't eatting and very lathargic. His one eye got very swollen and we have to put drops in it. He doens't swim as much. The vet said he just has to get better and it can take time. He likes the sun, though. I see him basking a lot. Well wish me luck in his recovery! Thanks, Lacey
piscesgirl

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:18 pm   

Good luck. Keep him warm--out of drafts and breezes if he's outside.
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:47 pm   

Yeah, good luck with your turtle's health.
STRAYKINGFISHER

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.