Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: My Yellow Bellied Slider Cant Swim Well!

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:57 pm   My Yellow Bellied Slider Cant Swim Well!

My yellow bellied slider is having trouble swimming, is there a way I can train him to swim, or will he get better once he's older?(he's only about 3 inches)
MoonyTheWolfo

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:41 am   Re: My Yellow Bellied Slider Cant Swim Well!

How long have you had him? If not long, how was he kept before? If he's healthy, you just need to add a bit of water for him to get the hang of it. They are natural swimmers, and excellent at that but they should have a couple of spots they can rest on.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:27 pm   Re: My Yellow Bellied Slider Cant Swim Well!

Hi,
Trouble swimming ? Can you use a cell phone to take a short video or a camcorder of Jake trying to swim ? That will help. Host it on youtube or other free sites. I myself switched to "Vimeo" much better , faster and easier. I'm not a fan of youtube… Vimeo allows up to 500mb's a week free , which is a long video , another 500mb's free every week. They also convert the format if needed for free.
litefoot

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:07 pm   Re: My Yellow Bellied Slider Cant Swim Well!

Well, I don't have a cell phone, but i could try and video him right now he's struggling as we speak.
MoonyTheWolfo

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.