Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: My new old turtle

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:36 am   My new old turtle

Hi everyone my name is bobby and this is the story of turtle man the red eared slider[named way before tv show]. I was a young boy in the summer of 1996 and I won turtle man at a fair playing that ring toss game. I brought him home and took care of him as best as a young boy could. Mom had to takeover of course. So when I grew up and moved out mom wanted to keep the turtle she knew him almost as long as me. Turtle man got flooded in hurricane sandy and now a few days ago the house burned down. No one was home at the time but the whole house and even his tank were destroyed but somehow he survived with only very minor injuries. I took him home and set him up in a nice new tank and look forward to giving him the best care I can for the rest of his life. In the coming months I plan to build an above tank basking platform and maintain optimal water parameters and diet. This is basically like a retirement home but at this point I am pretty sure he is going to out live me and everyone I know. :D Thanks in advance for all the ideas and info I get from this forum.
bobby718

Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:20 am   Re: My new old turtle

Welcome to the forum Bobby! Turtle Man's been through a lot but his future seems pretty bright!
steve
Site Admin

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.