Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Hi!

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:01 pm   Hi!

I found a baby red rated slider in my backyard. I love nowhere near water, and it was figured that maybe a bird had picked it up and dropped him.

He is all safe now, and I was told he might not eat since he was wild, so I picked him up a friend...or three. Now he is growing like mad and happy. My turtles are Juggernaut (red ear who I found), Colossus (red ear purchased), Francis (Mississippi Map), and Yukio, (pink bellied side neck).

I have them split into two separate aquariums. Francis and Juggernaut were hogging all the food and grew quickly. They are in a 40 gallon. Colossus and Yukio are in a 20 gallon. Francis is growing so fast that I am thinking of putting her in her own aquarium soon. She and Juggernaut are best friends though and always enjoy basking together.

My biggest concern is that I bought some guppies to give them some entertainment and exercise. It’s been almost 3 months and they don’t eat the guppies. They swim happily around with them. I bought some Neon Tetras and put them the tank with Yukio and Colluss. In 3 days they were gone. I bought minnows for them - it’s been 4 weeks and they won’t touch the minnows. No interest at all. Is there a reason they won’t eat minnows, but will devour neon tetras? Just curious.
PhiPhi

Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:09 pm   Re: Hi!

Hi, welcome to the forum. The guppies are probably just harder to catch... many RES will just wait for the right opportunity to grab them.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:22 pm   Re: Hi!

steve wrote:Hi, welcome to the forum. The guppies are probably just harder to catch... many RES will just wait for the right opportunity to grab them.

Thanks. Nope. The guppies just swim all around them. The minnows were terrified at first, but now they are sharing space with the turtles.
PhiPhi

Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:00 pm   Re: Hi!

Are they reds or greys? RES are more likely to go after more brightly colored critters.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.