Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Just call me "sucker"!

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:56 pm   Just call me "sucker"!

Hi. When I first moved out on my own for the 1st time ever in my 35 yrs, I can remember distinctly saying I did NOT want the responsibility of a pet, 10 yrs later and I have rescued a cat, a rabbit, a cockatoo and now a res turtle, all from "friends" that were not giving their pets the quality of life they deserve. Like I said, my newest rescue is Mr. Turtle. I've had him a little less then a yr and the reason was cause he was kept in a garage that was SOOO COLD, even with the heater on it was still way below what I had read he needed. He is roughly 6inches. I just recently was able to afford to buy him a 45gal breeder tank, a brand new cascade canister 1000, and new submersible heater and now looking for a better basking dock (has a floating one that sticks to side but doesnt really fit) . Didnt realize the light we had been getting him didn't have uvb, so he's got that now too. I am a single mother of a 15yr old girl (which may need to be rescued if she doesnt shape up lol j/k) with a very limited budget and 3 others to take care of so this process has been kind of slow and at times overwhelming, but the thought of this lil guy being let free in the neighborhood pond, which is where he was headed, infuriated me and made me sad....so here I am. I had been reading ur site for the last 8months, which has been an incredible help but wanted to wait til I had a better set up before joining.
Sorry into is so long and thanks for being here.
Brnys247

Post Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:10 pm   Re: Just call me "sucker"!

Welcome to the forum! Glad you and Mr. Turtle can join us. You might want to consider a PVC/tile basking area or some cork bark for the basking area. Congrats on the rescue, it's very unfortunate how people think pets are disposable.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:11 am   Re: Just call me "sucker"!

Thank u Steve. I have no idea what either of those are but I plan on researching them right away.
Brnys247

Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:29 am   Re: Just call me "sucker"!

No problem! Feel free to ask any questions.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.