Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Newbie

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:07 am   Newbie

Hello Ladies :msgreen: and Gentlemen :mrgreen: ,

I am new to this forum and forums in general. I just got a red-eared slider whom I named Lord/Lady (unsure of its sex) Voldetort and want to give it the best care I can so I decided to join your forum. I won't be posting a lot, I will probably just be a reader, mostly since I don't have experience with turtles.

Thanks for your help,

Mo
LordVoldetort

Post Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:14 pm   Re: Newbie

Hi Mo! How big is Voldetort? Feel free to browse, ask questions, make comments, etc. We're a friendly bunch :)
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:14 am   Re: Newbie

I'm not completely sure. I got Voldetort from a guy at a gas station. Hes about the size of a half dollar coin.

And thanks for the welcome.
LordVoldetort

Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:16 pm   Re: Newbie

Welcome Mo to the forum ! I've been away for a little but back. RES's make great pets. Doing your homework will help a lot , read all the stickies above each topic and go to the forums main page at http://www.redearslider.com/. Take you time and read all we will be here to help with any questions and or advice. Voldetort Piggley say's hi too.
litefoot

Post Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:38 pm   Re: Newbie

I am new to the forum. So March 12, 2017 my grand daughter who loves turtles, was looking out my front door and said, "Maw Maw a turtle. After watching it walk across the yard my husband told me to catch it. I did but knew nothing about how to care for a turtle. Now she (we think a she) eats out of my hand and waits for me to feed her. It is about twice the size as when we first got her. It was about 2 inches when we first got her.
Melita

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:57 am   Re: Newbie

Hello and welcome, Good on the rescue ! It's getting close to that size to tell 100% the sex. Any photos ?
litefoot

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:14 am   Re: Newbie

One photo made it. From the time frame you have her and the size I would assume it's about 3 1/2" ? I would say when 4" and if the claws all stay short and even its a girl !

From your computer at home you can right click on the photo , click on edit , new window opens then click resize to about 816x612. Works for this forum and emails well.

You may want to on topics page click on "new topic" top left area so you can have your own thread , may get more responses.

Good looking girl , Piggley ( 5" male RES) says so too.
litefoot

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.