Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: New to the forum.

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:29 pm   New to the forum.

Hey guys.

Just wanted to stop by and say hello.

I have two RES turtles, a male named Spot and a female named Donatella. Got them as hatchlings, and they are now two healthy, happy yearlings. I also have them with several fish in their tank, and they all get along great!

Currently have them in a 50 gallon Rubbermaid stock tank. Soon (within the next few years) I want to upgrade them to a much larger, 300 gallon Rubbermaid stock tank.

Still very much in the learning process, having used this forum just a few days ago to help me decide on a good basking temperature / UVB setup.

Looking forward to contributing and learning on this forum!
rambologic

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:10 pm   Re: New to the forum.

Hello and welcome ,

I'm a fan of stock tanks to ! Piggley has his 150 gallon stock. That 50 gallon for two yearlings is good and you have plenty of time. Sex to tell at such a young age is very hard even for a Herp Vet , seen them duped over the years. Most you have to wait until they get about 4" or sexually active to know for sure. Also most all male and female one day will have to be separated , two tanks ! Males will just harass the girl for sex until she hurts him. If two males will always fight when older. Two adult females (12" ea.) normally get along good and a 300 gallon will be great. May be best for final adult tank to wait until you know for sure. Instead of 300 gallon may need 2 - 150 gallon stock tanks.
litefoot

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:51 pm   Re: New to the forum.

Welcome to the site!
steve
Site Admin

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.