Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: New here...

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:59 pm   New here...

Hi all.
So I've been lurking here on and off for about 10 years now, mostly google searches would bring me here, and I finally decided to join. Better late than never I guess.

Anyways…
I have a healthy 30 year old 8 inch female res; yes she has been a part of my family for 30 years, and I've gotten quite a few tips from here over the years. Lots of info I had known about but never really used until reading about the success others here have had. Hopefully, time permitted, I can contribute more to this community.
So thank you Steve, VeipaCray and everyone else that adds to the well being of our loveable living waste factories
Inmate1024

Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:40 pm   Re: New here...

Welcome to the forum, glad you finally joined! We were a lot busier 10 years ago but all that knowledge and experiences are still here :)

Nice to hear your girl is doing well. Mine isn't so big either and about 13 years now. Any pictures of her?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:40 pm   Re: New here...

This is her favorite position, trying to be as close to the UV lights as possible. These are a few years old, 2012 I think, but she hasn't changed much since. There is a lot of glare/shine from the lights that makes here shell look like its got a lot of hard water/calcium build up but in reality there was a very minimal amount almost unnoticeable. It goes away when she sheds. The fixture behind her was for additional heat, as the ambient air temp is around 27c and under that spot is between 32c and 34c.
Attachments
0001.jpg
Relaxing in the sun.
0002.jpg
What you looking at?
Inmate1024

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:18 pm   Re: New here...

She looks great! For some reason, my RES like to warm up their butts too. I guess thats a turtle thing :)
steve
Site Admin

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.