Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Hellllloooo ~ I am new to this turtle community

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:59 pm   Hellllloooo ~ I am new to this turtle community

Hi turtle people! My name is Katie, and I live in Chicago with my baby red eared slider Pan who I adopted about 7 months ago. They're still only about two inches or less long. They're (he's/she's) a very energetic, expressive lil guy. Whenever they see me or one of my roommates approaching the tank, they paddle frantically and do their little turtle smile, and respond if we mimic their paddling movements with our hands. So charming and clumsy.
Also every morning they sit on their basking log, balanced on one foot and their belly, with the other three feet extended out, just stretching them. Sometimes they close their eyes and do this for countless minutes. I like to think they are a meditating yogi.

Anyway I love my baby a lot, and am excited to have found a community of other turtle parents. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Gonna attach a glamour shot of Pan.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-05-29 at 10.58.10 PM.png
:~)
Screen Shot 2016-05-29 at 10.58.10 PM.png (442.82 KiB) Viewed 9028 times
Art student living in Chicago with my 2 inch, 1 oz. red eared slider Pan, named after the Greek god of the wild. Pan loves basking, doing yoga, watching videos of fish, and nibbling on my finger.
panandkatie

Post Posted: Mon May 30, 2016 3:53 pm   Re: Hellllloooo ~ I am new to this turtle community

Welcome Katie! We have several from Chicagoland!
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:06 am   Re: Hellllloooo ~ I am new to this turtle community

Hello Katie!

Your Pan looks so adorable. Hopefully my RES turtles will grow as strong and healthy as yours. :)
"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."
Protracturtle

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:18 pm   Re: Hellllloooo ~ I am new to this turtle community

Thanks! Is your RES a baby too? How did you get him/her?
Art student living in Chicago with my 2 inch, 1 oz. red eared slider Pan, named after the Greek god of the wild. Pan loves basking, doing yoga, watching videos of fish, and nibbling on my finger.
panandkatie

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:31 pm   Re: Hellllloooo ~ I am new to this turtle community

panandkatie wrote:Thanks! Is your RES a baby too? How did you get him/her?

Yep, and I got them a few days after my birthday, as a gift from my father. :)
"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."
Protracturtle

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:58 pm   Re: Hellllloooo ~ I am new to this turtle community

Protracturtle wrote:
panandkatie wrote:Thanks! Is your RES a baby too? How did you get him/her?

Yep, and I got them a few days after my birthday, as a gift from my father. :)

Ooh happy birthday. Have you posted a picture of them somewhere? I think as long as you're willing to commit to caring for the turtle, he or she will grow up feeling very loved and living a good life. :)
panandkatie

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:47 pm   Re: Hellllloooo ~ I am new to this turtle community

Yep! It's in another thread Hello! Meet my turtles here! but I can post a new and updated photo here:

13529264_10208236773069982_3753303196564644870_n.jpg
Last edited by Protracturtle on Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Protracturtle

Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:20 pm   Re: Hellllloooo ~ I am new to this turtle community

Oh my gosh they're so cute :shock: I love them
panandkatie

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:30 pm   Re: Hellllloooo ~ I am new to this turtle community

Welcome!!
sansbacon

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:15 pm   Re: Hellllloooo ~ I am new to this turtle community

sansbacon wrote:Welcome!!

Thanks! :D
panandkatie

Post Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:40 pm   Re: Hellllloooo ~ I am new to this turtle community

Welcome Katie, Pan is cute!
Is there something on his/her back in that photo?
spork

Post Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:40 pm   Re: Hellllloooo ~ I am new to this turtle community

Thank you! <3 I think that might have been a mark on the outside of the tank
panandkatie

Post Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:49 am   Re: Hellllloooo ~ I am new to this turtle community

I think they mean this?
Attachments
Protracturtle_circle.jpg
Protracturtle_circle.jpg (44.49 KiB) Viewed 8905 times
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:41 pm   Re: Hellllloooo ~ I am new to this turtle community

It's probably this, since they're referring to Pan.

As for my turtle (Nibbles) shell, I fear it may be an early sign of a Shell rot, a mineral Deposit or something else :x
Protracturtle

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:18 pm   Re: Hellllloooo ~ I am new to this turtle community

Oh I see it now. Maybe take a pic of the areas when dry.
steve
Site Admin

Next

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.