Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: My RES is biting his foot.

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:44 pm   My RES is biting his foot.

Hi I'm new to the site, and new to being a turtle mommy. Today my RES Rafeal was biting at his left foot. He wasn't making contact(he would pull his leg away before he got the chance) he was only doing it on his floating dock(as when I took him out to make sure he was okay he started to walk around the Tupperware as nothing happened) we have had him for about 2 months now and got him from a very unstable living situation(he had a yellow line down his back and I've read that really bad for them) that he no longer has. He just finished his shedding so I'm wondering if maybe his leg is just itching him. Thank you for the help in advance
Courtney92

Post Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:14 pm   Re: My RES is biting his foot.

I would check for anything unusual and for discoloration. My male RES is a pretty aggressive biter and will sometimes bit his claw too but I don't see anything physically wrong. He bites it pretty hard too.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:50 pm   Re: My RES is biting his foot.

I took him out and he let me look at it and there was no issue. He hasn't done it at all today so I'm kind of leaning towards it was just itching him. Rafael isn't aggerive at all so I'll just make sure to keep an eye on it. Thank you for your input!
Courtney92

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:14 pm   Re: My RES is biting his foot.

Glad to hear it!
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:36 pm   Re: My RES is biting his foot.

He may be bored, if his enclosure is sparse try adding something for him to explore or play with.
Children that fit in the palm of your hand.
skipolippers

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.