Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: New here, just sayin hi

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:55 pm   New here, just sayin hi

Hello, I'm Troy and I have 3 awesome little RES Axel, Cozmo and Gizmo...just introducing myself I'll be post pictures and asking advice on a few things as I have never had turtles before although my wife had some when she was younger. They're in a 75 gallon tank with a fluval 306 filter. Right now they love to eat shrimp but I'm trying to find new things for them to eat. Any input is appreciated :D
3crazyturtles

Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:25 am   Re: New here, just sayin hi

Welcome to the site, Troy! Wow, 3 RES... they're going to be a handful (if not already). It's good they have a healthy appetite, but shrimp is just like candy for them, so they will usually prefer that. You just need to use a little tough love to get them to eat other stuff.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:40 am   Re: New here, just sayin hi

Oh they're definitely a handful already lol, what would you suggest to feed them? Been looking into greens for them just not sure exactly what would be the best for them. Also, I have a live Amazon sword in the tank with them and then nibble at it every so often...and as far as handing them or playing with them what would be the best way to go about that
3crazyturtles

Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:42 am   Re: New here, just sayin hi

Go with a good pellet - Mazuri and Omega-One are probably the best you can buy. How old are your RES?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:08 pm   Re: New here, just sayin hi

They are approximately 7-8 months...my fiancé at the time (now my wife) picked them up when she went dress shopping for the wedding lol. They're still shy when they're basking but in the morning when they're hungry they are very friendly, lately iv gotten them to eat a piece of shrimp out of my hand.
3crazyturtles

Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:18 pm   Re: New here, just sayin hi

Yea, most RES will be gregarious when they get used to you, aka food dispenser. They won't be into many plants and veggies just yet, but always try. The easiest way is to get a veggie clip and use that in the tank.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.