Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Howdy

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:07 pm   Howdy

Hey, everyone. I just created my account and wanted to say hello. I've had my red eared baby boy for ten years. He was a tiny green gem when I bought him and he is 'my 6", long nailed, snapping, love. Haha He thinks he's big and bad, but I wouldn't trade him for anything. When I first bought him I though he might be female, although it's impossible to tell with babies. That all changed one day as my dad and I were changing his tank. I thought he had soiled his shell, and when my dad went to clean off the "poo" my poor boy starting snapping like mad and the "poo" wasn't coming off... So, that was our introduction his gender. :roll: Poor dear. Haha That's why he's now a "snapping" red ear. Any time I have to handle him he gets me back for that by using me as a scratching post. Haha I also have a cat and a dog, both of which are scared of my RES, as evidenced by my cat FREAKING out the one time my boy got out of his tank. My dog is scared of everything, so it's a logical conclusion with him. :lol:
And, that's a little bit about me. Nice to meet you everyone!
With man, some things are possible. With God, all things are possible.
1 RES, Jade.
1 calico cat, Sassy.
1 black lab/springer spaniel/akita, Razzle.
1 Beta, Quill.
RedEaredJade

Post Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:44 pm   Re: Howdy

Welcome to the forum! Jade sounds pretty cool, I had a similar experience 13 years ago when I got my hatchlings.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:40 pm   Re: Howdy

Thank you! I love this place. It has so much great information, and awesome turtle parents.
With man, some things are possible. With God, all things are possible.
1 RES, Jade.
1 calico cat, Sassy.
1 black lab/springer spaniel/akita, Razzle.
1 Beta, Quill.
RedEaredJade

Post Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:07 am   Re: Howdy

No problem, glad you feel at home :)
steve
Site Admin

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.