Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Hello!!! *waves*

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:01 am   Hello!!! *waves*

Hey! Ive just joined so thought I'd do a lil intro about myself so im not a total stranger lol.
I'm Sarah,23 from England, UK and have to rescued 2 3yr old musk turtles who I have named Amy and Rory (yes Dr Who reference lol :wink: ) I have taken them to vet for a general check up as there was very little history on them, owner didnt care, Rory is perfectly healthy and Amy is aswell but it seems she has a defect on her front foot, her toes arent webbed and is missing claws bless her but she can still swim, just isnt great at it but she gives it her all! Considering theyre rescues they've settled in to our home very well and quickly and play games with my 3yr old daughter, they play peek a boo from behind the tardis ornament and they copy her head movements :D
So thats abit about us lol :) nice to meet you all
llSarahJanell

Post Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:21 am   Re: Hello!!! *waves*

Welcome to the forum Sarah! I read your introduction with an English accent :)

Was the defect recent?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:52 pm   Re: Hello!!! *waves*

Thanks! haha. The vet seems to think the defect may have happened when she hatched not sure tho but it's definitely been there a while, their previous owner didn't know anything about them really, they weren't cared for too well sadly but Amy doesn't seem fussed by it she still manages to climb on to the basking area, dig and swim
llSarahJanell

Post Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:13 pm   Re: Hello!!! *waves*

If it's healed, then there isn't much to worry about. Would love to see pics of your group!
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:12 pm   Re: Hello!!! *waves*

Welcome... One of my turtles has a shell defect... from where my other turtle bit it, when it was just a baby. Odd thing is, even now after 13 years and 7 inches of growth, you can still see the shell isn't exactly the way it should be.

I think that as long as the foot issue is healed... with your turtles being in a tank now and loved, I doubt the issue with her foot will be much trouble for Amy.
Long time turtle owner (15+ years).
One Painted turtle, one Yellow Belly Slider, 120 Gallon tank filled to maybe 80 Gallons
Rocky_n_Iggy

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.