Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Hello all

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:19 am   Hello all

Hello all,
I am the recent owner of two RES hatchlings Cali and Bubba a week ago. Unfortunately Cali came down with RI and she didnt show her signs until it was too late :cry:. We got the antibiotics but it just wasn't enough. But Bubba is still going strong, now a bit skittish but still strong. The forums and page is great source of information.
devorix

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:41 am   Re: Hello all

Welcome to the forum! Sorry about Cali, but glad Bubba is doing well.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:40 am   Re: Hello all

Thank you, yes Bubba seems to be doing very well. He has become sacred a little more lately around us but hes finally basking and he does eat for me in the mornings. I Think my light hours set for his heat and UVB are a bit long but he seems to be doing well. We have caught him trying to dig in the small aquarium rocks we have for him in the bottom of his 20L turtle tank. I'm just afraid to do anything drastic right now as he seems to be very skittish and dont want to make it worse and he just starting to come around again. So brave before and now hes scared.
devorix

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:51 pm   Re: Hello all

Well, gravel is not a good substrate. Either bare or sand is the way to go. How long have you had Bubba?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:12 pm   Re: Hello all

Have had Bubba going on 2weeks now. Even in the first week right after a few days he took right to everyone. Now he tries to hide when we come around.
devorix

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.