Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Hi from illinois

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:31 am   Hi from illinois

As my title says im from illinois, well actually im from missouri however illinois is where i currently live lol. i have 5 turtles so far, i didnt intend to get that many but i knew someone who had a couple and he offered them to me knowing i would give them a good home. so here they are..

western painted turtle, male, named mikey
red eared slider, female, named izzy
red eared slider, male, named spike
red eared slider, female, named jess
rio grand slider, female named april.

Currently they all live in the same tank which i know sounds mean but its a 75 gal tank and the only one of them that is rather large is april. There will be another tank setup for them to uncrowd them but not untill i move. so for now they all live together and honestly they get along fine so far. And before you ask yes i have an awesome water filter setup, in fact i am running two filters in series since the pump is dead on the other one. both are canister filters, the first one is only sponges and such to catch the large bits. And the second one has the carbon and bio media in it with finer sponges and at the end of the whole system is a 265 gal per hour fountain pump hooked up on the output side and its outlet is a hose buried under the river rocks and it runs along the rear of the tank and around the front so it blows the crud towards the inlet. All in all it keeps the tank nice and clear. basking area is a rather large crate that i got from a landscaping shop, they gave it to me, i cut it in half, added a small bit of wood to the sides to hold it in the tank, the piece rests inside the tank a bit and the wood is towards the top so its resting on the sides and of course a ramp. I use two lamps so they dont have to climb on top of each other though they do anyway lol.

I would tell you a bit about myself but lets face it, we are here for our shelled friends lol.
my name is daniel.
spyder

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:50 am   Re: Hi from illinois

Welcome to the forum Daniel!
steve
Site Admin

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.