Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: I guess I have pet turtles now. Meet Jack and Wasmi!

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:12 am   I guess I have pet turtles now. Meet Jack and Wasmi!

Hello, everybody. Like some of you here, my turtles Wasmi(yah) and Jack(queline) were unexpected additions to my life. My sister initially bought Jack from an unethical breeder who only gave her a can of small shrimp for his diet, and told her to keep him in ye-olde-tiny-tank-they-come-with with just a little water enough to wet his feet. After two days of his getting lethargic and not doing well, she decided to get him back in fear that he'd die on her. In spite of me not caring much for turtles three weeks ago when that happened, the problem being that his tiny place was set right under an air conditioner seemed obvious, and I tagged along with her on her trip.

The breeder's turtles seemed in really sad state, easily over 30 2-inch-ish RES turtles crammed in a 20 Gallon tank with only a florescent bulb for light and a piece of cut foam as a basking area. So I ended up taking full responsibility for Both Jack and Wasmi (I wanted to get as much turtles as I could out of there). Now, your totally clueless and penny-less Bugs is in charge of two probably deficient, probably sick turtles, and just happened to have fell head-over-heels for them. Let's see where this goes.
Bugs

Post Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:45 am   Re: I guess I have pet turtles now. Meet Jack and Wasmi!

Welcome to the forum! Glad you can join us :)
steve
Site Admin

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.