Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Introducing Alex Hole Ahava and the Little Magnolia :).

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:15 pm   Introducing Alex Hole Ahava and the Little Magnolia :).

Hello everyone!

Before introducing myself, I would like to tell you how I became the Dad of 2 adorable Turtles :).

I been always someone very interested in animals, and have adopted alot of cats during the years. I work in a Hotel, so the way I got introdsuced to these little guys was because some disrepectful guys bought one for Holidays, and when they did check out the left it :(.

I am familiar with RES, but as a rule I never buy animals. So when the left it, I decided to take care of her while trying to find a place for her somewhere.

The days passed, and I started to get more and mroe concerned about her, and to get her a nice habitat, so without realizing it I found myself spending $300.00 Bucks step by step, until I decided I could not risk Alex to have a bad place to live so I would foster him :).

While all this was happening, one of our recepcionist told me his son, 7 years old has a Turtle, so I got worried because her son is a rude and disrespectful kid.
Anyway, someday later he came with his Turtle to show him mine, and I got in shock, he got the Turtle, in a glass with really cold water from a Bottle, and he kept her moving all over the place and I exploded. I told her thats not way to treat animals, that is her responsability to teach him, etc, so I asked them both, what do you want in exchange for the Turtle and the promise of never ever buying naother animal again, and the kid asked me for a remote control car (add another $50.00 US to the list lol).

So thats how I got little Magnolia, she was grey and really shy, but now after some weeks with me and Alex she is green and getting bigger and bigger!!!! :)

So that's the story, I am Kopi, I live in Mèxico and I am the pourd Dad of 2 beautiful sliders :).

I hope with some guidance we can orient people in the Hotel, how to treat these adorable things, and to explain them they are not toys.

Here they are:

You can see they have some water letuce, their lamps, and some guppys to keep them working out :).

This is Alex doing his Super Man Yoga :).
http://postimage.org/index.php?lang=spanish

And this is a littel introduction I have for everyone to see :).

Nice to meet you all :).
Kopi =o.
KopiLuwak

Post Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:38 pm   Re: Introducing Alex Hole Ahava and the Little Magnolia :).

Welcome to the forum! Thats a very nice introduction and great story! The seams on the turtle shells appear to be fairly wide, I would re-evaluate their diet and maybe offer a bit less protein/pellets. I love the little Superman pose :)
steve
Site Admin

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.