Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: New to Turtles

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 2:48 am   New to Turtles

Hi all! I am Tim. I recently got some turtles from someone I know. Mostly because my son talked to him about it and wanted them. Now about $300 in I have gotten myself attached them as I am the primary care giver. We have two turtles one is about an inch bigger than the other but they have been together since birth is what I have been told. We have named them Christoph and Sven, since I am pretty sure they are both males. I look forward to sharing them with others who enjoy turtles. I have already learned so much from reading through all your comments. When I got the turtles I did not know very much and had them in a pretty small tank and was not feeding them a good diet. I have them now in a bigger tank and watch what they eat pretty carefully. They did develop some shell rot and some shedding skin but this is getting better thanks to a good diet and some hydrogen peroxide. I am very happy now that the turtles are getting healthy and interactive. My only challenge now is teaching my five young children how to treat them well. I look forward to getting more advice on how to best care for this great creatures.
troper77

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:13 am   Re: New to Turtles

Welcome Tim! I would advise hiding the food from your kids as it would be really hard to stop them from giving treats to the turtles :)
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:37 am   Re: New to Turtles

I keep things well away from the kids it is my oldest child who is the most curious about them but We are going on three months with them and so far everything has gone well.
troper77

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.