Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: hi

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:21 pm   hi

hi i am glad that i have found a site that could help me out because my boyfriend got me a baby RES and i dont know what to do
tink

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:30 pm   

Hi Tink:)

How big is this baby's shell and what kind of supplies do you have for him?

If you start reading, you will find everything you need to properly care for him. This forum is pretty complete with answers already here for most any question.

Hope you enjoy your new baby!
Giddy

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:38 pm   

he is as big as a quater and is still in a small cage went and order a bigger one with a heating lamp but until that come i bought rocks food and a cave for him but i cant tell if its a boy or a girl
turtles (dinosaur )
tink

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:44 pm   

HI and Welcome.. :)

You won't be able to tell the sex of your turtle until he/she is about 4". You said you got rocks for your setup... it is recommended not to use gravel (like the kind you put in a fish tank) as it is potentially harmful to your turtle because of the possibility of them eating it and causing the turtle to be come impacted. As Giddy said, read through the website and forum with regards to what you need for a good setup so you're turtle will be happy and healthy :)

You can start here: New Owner Guides
Carol
cam722
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:47 pm   

i got pebles my boyfriend said it was okay . he is not in a fish tank yet i order one yesterday he is in the cage he came in
turtles (dinosaur )
tink

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:04 pm   

Welcome to the forum. It is pretty overwhelming at first learning how to care for your RES. There is a lot more to learn about keeping them than people think. But the more you read up on their care and habitat, the better chances are that you will be able to raise a happy, healthy turtle. :)
~~~Sonja~~~
sonyj

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.