Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Hello from Illinois

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:05 pm   Hello from Illinois

Hello, I visited this forum to learn as much as possible before buying a turtle. I loved having RES turtles when I was a kid. My sister was allergic to everything else and this was as close to a puppy as I could get! But they were sold back then in the little plastic thingy with the plastic palm tree. My parents weren't animal lovers so I was on my own. Poor thing mostly ate bologna & lettuce. I was always devastated when eventually my beloved turtles would get soft shells & die. Now decades later I'm learning what caused that & indeed it can be prevented which has sparked my interest in them again. Sooo here I am. :D
momof8

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:17 pm   

Welcome, and kudos for doing your research this time around :-)
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:18 pm   

Welcome to the forum. :) It's a really good idea to do research before jumping into having a turtle. At least this way you can review all the costs involved in owning one and know that you can provide a happy, healthy environment for one. Let us know if we can help in any way.
~~~Sonja~~~
sonyj

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:24 pm   

Hi and welcome to the forum, I found this site to be great in helping me to get the correct enviroment my King Tortuga, and how to keep him healthy.
and great job on doing research before hand :)
1 RES (baby) Tortuga
I am Tortuga's slave :)
Az^FolkSinger

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:34 pm   

Hi and welcome to the site. :)
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:31 pm   

Welcome to the fourm!
buddys_my_turtle

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.