Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Hi guys I'm back update on Kermie !

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:09 pm   Hi guys I'm back update on Kermie !

Hello everyone !
been crazy around here. Kermie is doing wonderful ! He made it through the eatting the styrafoam from that fake plant. he was very very sick for a bit but thankfully he was able to pass all of it. He has some playmates in there right now I put in 2 guppies for feeder fish but he seems to like just chasing them around. They have been in there for months now. He is still in the 55 gallon tank but I added a bubble stone in it and Instead of letting that turtle log float around, I took the suction cups from the turtle dock and I have that stuck on the tank right under his basking light and uvb light. He loves it and it looks more natural than the turtle dock. Plus when I had the log just floating it was going all over the place from the canister filter I put in there. It really circulates the water. Kermie is getting bigger. still wee tiny though. Does anyone know how much a turle grows in a year? just wondering . well nice to be back ! I will be posting pictures soon.
michele,
mother of matthew, howie doo our dog and kermie our baby res.
3walcks

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:55 pm   

Glad to here all is going well. To answer your question, I've heard that healthy growth is one inch a year, with them growing maybe a little more than this during their first year. :)
~~~Sonja~~~
sonyj

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:25 pm   

All things being equal, I've read they do their fastest growing in the first three years and then grow more slowly after that.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.