Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Hello from the Pacific NW

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:51 pm   Hello from the Pacific NW

Im currently doing research on the turtle thing but havent gotten one yet. I just picked up a used 90 Gallon Tank so that should be a good start.

Im looking very forward to being a turtle owner, Cant wait. Any way just wanted to introduce myself and give a forward thanks to all that may respond to my future posts
kona1224

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:09 pm   

Welcome to the forum. It's a smart idea to research proir to purchasing one. They aren't the cheapest or easiest pet to maintain, much to my surprise after getting one. ;) Be sure to read through the forum and mainsite. And just ask if you have any questions after that. :)
~~~Sonja~~~
sonyj

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:56 pm   

Welcome, and good job about researching before getting one!
1 RES (baby) Tortuga
I am Tortuga's slave :)
Az^FolkSinger

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:52 pm   

Welcome! I think it's awesome you're preparing yourself before hand for your turtle. The 90 gallon tank is a good start. Do you plan on getting a hatchling or an adult?
buffyfan9005

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:01 pm   

I would love to get a hatchling but I cannot for the life of me find one locally. I really dont like the idea of having one shipped so I may end up getting the smallest one I can find at the pet store. If anyone can give me advice on how to get a hatchling I would love the help. I live in Vancouver, WA
kona1224

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:54 pm   

Definitely don't try and get one shipped. I did this once a long time ago, and when the turtle got here, it was dehydrated, and the eyes were swollen, it didn't last two days. I'd definitely go to the petstore and get your little guy. The 90 gallon tank is great! ^_^
~Emily
1 RES
Crush - 1 inch
Emily

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.