Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: helloo...new subscriber..many questions

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:28 pm   helloo...new subscriber..many questions

I live in Sacramento, Ca and have been interested in ponds for some time. I have successfully constructed 2 koi ponds including building my own pump/filter systems. I learned most of what I know through surfing the internet and trial and error. I was unable to find a forum such as this when starting into my koi/pond projects. Currently I have a 15000 gallon concrete pond in my backyard which is solely dedicated to koi,bullfrogs,plants and snails. Last summer i constructed an 1800 sq ft pond consisting of 1400 sq ft of 4ft deep water and a 400 sq ft shallow area for the fish to spawn. Currently I have lndscaped around the pond and begun placing plants into the pond. I have 12 bluegill and some mosquito fish in the pond and am in the process of purchasing more starter fish (12 largemouth bass, 24 catfish,fathead minnows and bullfrogs) My goal is to have a natural pond with as much natural habitat as possible. How well would the RES do in this design and would a snapping turtle work? Can I post pics to this site? Does anybody have any other pond sites out there that would be of help?...thx
kamick
kamick

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:40 pm   

Hi and welcome.. :)

We LOVE pictures.. so post away. :D The turtles would probably love that sort of environment but I'm not sure all your fish would love them as they may be viewed as food :lol:

I'm sure those with more experience in outdoor habitats will add more.
Carol
cam722
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:56 pm   

Welcome!
8 RES: Tampa, Bay, Exclamation (Male R.I.P. 2-10-07), Question-mark, Tiny Tim, Pan Handle (Male), Squirt, & Crush.

KI4JAV

www.notyourdaddysguncases.com
TinySlider2

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:43 am   

Welcome to the forum. Here's a link from someone on here who has a pond and RES. Maybe it will help. http://mysocalledpondlife.blogspot.com/
~~~Sonja~~~
sonyj

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:26 am   

WELCOME!!!
sinbads owner
sinbad

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.