Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: New Here

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:18 pm   New Here

Hello everyone. I am Rachelle. I am getting two turtles tomorrow. One a red slider and the other a wood turtle along with their habitats (they each have their own tanks). Their owner was unexpectedly given orders to go to texas. I am glad I found this site. I have learned a ton already just by reading the posts. Now if I could only find info on the wood turtle. :D
amaradevinmom

Post Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:08 pm   

Im also new here too! Welcome!
thenamesrudy

Post Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:19 pm   

Welcome to the forum... :) So glad that you've found the info you're needing. (Hope you are able for your wood turtle as well.) Just let us know if you have any questions. We're always happy to help.
~~~Sonja~~~
sonyj

Post Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:11 pm   

just google 'wood turtle care sheet' and 'wood turtle message board' and see what you get.

Welcome :-)
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:30 pm   

jenaero wrote:just google 'wood turtle care sheet' and 'wood turtle message board' and see what you get.

Welcome :-)

thanks adding the words care sheet and message board brought up some stuff I can use. I was just using wood turtle and getting nothing helpful.
amaradevinmom

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:51 am   

No prob. I'm just going to sit here patiently, and wait for pics of your new setups ;-)
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:17 pm   

Welcome. Wood turtle? These to me are very interesting turts! :)
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:10 pm   

Welcome to Turtle Talk!
8 RES: Tampa, Bay, Exclamation (Male R.I.P. 2-10-07), Question-mark, Tiny Tim, Pan Handle (Male), Squirt, & Crush.

KI4JAV

www.notyourdaddysguncases.com
TinySlider2

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:26 pm   

thanks for the welcome everyone. I picked up the turtles and needless to say both are in setups not right for them. The RES is in a 20 gallon aquariam that had 3 gallons of little rocks at the bottom (which we took out) and only half filled with water (we filled it up.) The wood turtle turned out to be a central american wood turtle who is only in a 10 gallon aquariam. So she (hubby named her clyde) is getting a new home first and then the RES (I named him Drexler) will get a new set up next month. I forgot to take before pictures of Drexler's home but will get some of what it looks like now that we have fixed it up a bit and post them later today.
amaradevinmom

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.