Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: play time

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:24 pm   play time

Hi everyone I am new to this forum but not to turtles as friends, I have had several diffrent kinds before but this is my first time with RES I enjoy turtles I do not find them boring at all ofcourse I like to watch them eat sun swim and greet me as I get close to them. I have found the information ,questions and answers very helpful here so let me add my 2 cents now.........To insure activity and fun as well as entertainment for you try placing an air stone or bubble wall in your turtles water mine love to play in the bubbles :) Don't turn the flow up to high you wouldn't want him to get hurt thanks a bunch all Lydia[quote][/quote]
Don't put a question mark (?) where God has already put a period (.)!
lydia_lady_fla

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:30 pm   

Just to add to your post, make sure that you keep the bubble stone away from your basking light, I have had two or three of the lights pop on me, it took me a while to get all of the glass out of the tank.

Sorry for butting in, and welcome to the board.
STRAYKINGFISHER

Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 1:39 am   

Thanks for the hint Lydia.

Stray - Thanks for that warning too. My tank isn't huge, but I dread the thought of having to clean broken glass out of it. :evil:
judo42

Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 1:34 pm   

You're welcome, if it does happen, make sure you take your turtle out of the tank quick, they are very curious, mine will go up to the hose I use to clean the tank with to see what's happening. :D
STRAYKINGFISHER

Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 1:54 pm   play time balls

thanks I just read that turtles also like to play with them white ping pong balls they float......the article said they will push them with thier nose and bite at em.....in about a week I will be setting up my out door pool area for Nina the weather is soooooo nice here Im planning to add a ball or two to see her reaction.....Im using ideas from here in the construction including astro turf basking area oh I tried carrot she likes it thanks alot guys for making turtle ownership fun for me. next will be a peeled grape I think.
lydia_lady_fla

Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:37 pm   

Ping pong balls huh? I'll have to give that a try. Haven't tried grapes or carrots yet so those'll be next on my list. I can say that my fellas definitely like Romaine lettuce though. Cabbage they're not too big on.
judo42

Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:46 pm   carrots

Nina is tiny so I used a carrot scrapper and gave her thin shavens she went right to it and devored em 8)
lydia_lady_fla

Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 6:06 pm   

Yea, I got a couple of multi-colored light weight balls ( like ping pong) and put in the tank with ours. I catch them every now and then messing around with one. You'll proby see them in the pics I am gonna post. :D
dudleysmom

Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 6:54 pm   

Yes, please post pics of your greenies. We all want to see them! :D
judo42

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 1:31 pm   

I put a golf ball in the tank but when I went back to check to see if they were playing with it, I couldn't find it, I think my niece took it out. :? :?
STRAYKINGFISHER

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:51 pm   

Just in case she didn't, how big are the mouths on your greenies :?: :shock: LOL
judo42

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 5:54 pm   playtime

golf ball or ping pong ball? one floats the other sinks :? I have my tiny little baby in a big 30 gallon tank full hope its not to big any thoughts on this :?:
lydia_lady_fla

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:02 pm   

nothin is too big for a turt :D :wink:
-Shady: 3" RES; 1 year old
-Scooby: 1.5" RES;
-Bubbles: 1" RES
-Tipper: 4 year old Rat Terrier
shady1616

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:15 pm   to big

thanks it really seems to like it just wondered if it could get too tired
lydia_lady_fla

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:12 pm   

I have my little guy in a 30 gallon too and he seems to love it, and he loves to chase the fish around and lay on the leaves of my plants.
therizman1

Next

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.