Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Suppose I'd better introduce myself!

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:19 pm   Suppose I'd better introduce myself!

Howdy everyone!

I just joined the forum yesterday, so here's some (rather dull) information about me:

My name is Liam and I live in the cold, dark and mostly wet Cumbria, which is in the North of England. I have two terrapins (or turtles for those who live elsewhere in the world!) called Terrance and Winciet. Both are almost three years old. I also have four tortoises; one 17, one 15, and two age 3. (Though they have just been put away for hibernation).

I have blue eyes, am studying part time for a degree in physics and enjoy eating cheese. :D

That should do I think!
Terrapin UK

Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:19 pm   

Welcome to Turtle Talk :)

Which tortoises and turtles do you have? Pictures will be greatly appreciated :)
Last edited by JessicaTS on Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

27 Turtles. 6 Tortoises.
JessicaTS

Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:04 pm   

hahaha Jess you did it again.. it's Turtle Talk :)

Welcome Terrapin UK :)
Carol
cam722
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:53 pm   

AH! What interesting names you've chosen for your turtles (did you name them?)
Anywho, what are the names of your other pets? I would like to know.
-Melanie
Rex 5.5"
Flower 5.5"
rexandflower

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:36 am   

Thanks for the replies all.

My terrapins are red eared sliders and my tortoises are Herman's tortoises. Yes, I named the terrapins! I can't for the life of me remember why I gave them those names, but I'm sure they like them!

Terrance is really friendly, and will eat out of my hand, but Winciet darts for cover at the slightest hint of a human coming near. It's funny how they can both have such different personalities!

The tortoises are named Clover (because she loves eating it), Cola (because she loves drinking it. JOKE!), Miffy and Wiffy. The last two were named by my niece, hence the rather strange names. (Though no stranger than Winciet I guess!)

I also have two budgies called Bill and Ted, who are brothers, and there's a pond in the garden full of goldfish and about 20 frogs as well. It's like a zoo! :D
Terrapin UK

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:37 am   

I have pictures somewhere on my computer, but I can't remember where! I'll have a search later on. :)
Terrapin UK

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:58 am   

Welcome to the forum....:D
~~~Sonja~~~
sonyj

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:12 am   

Miffy and Wiffy-how sweet! I've never been able to keep fish alive, you must have a gift!

I once had a koi named Lucifer (Lucy for short). Anywho, she died and I cried. (I'm a softy for animals)

Well, I have five dogs, nine cats, one guinea pig, two hairless rats, and two RES. I might add that I still go to high school in small town crappy USA, so I am forced to live at home with my mother.
-Melanie
Rex 5.5"
Flower 5.5"
rexandflower

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:54 pm   

Welcome. I do like those names you given them. :)
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.