Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: New to the forum

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:47 pm   New to the forum

Hi, I just got two little RES and I thought that I would say hello.
I'm from Boston and I just got these a week ago but they seem to be adjusting to their new home but I'm still trying to get them to eat but I know it takes some time and I'm trying some of the ideas I read on this site. The set-up I have right now is a 20 gallon container. They are 2" and their names are Soco and Lime. I'm really happy I found this forum and I hope to learn more about them.
Thanks, :D
Rhyles2k

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:15 pm   

Welcome to the site. :) If, after you doing some more reading on the site about what they need, you have any specific questions, just post. What do you have in the 20-gallon container (tank?) with them--basking area? filter? water heater? Do they have the correct lighting? Pics would be nice...
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:31 pm   

They have a basking area and both a uvb and uva lights but I don't know what I should do about heating because they are in a plastic bin and I don't know what would be best as a heating source. I'll post some picture as soon as I take some of them they are really shy and hide everytime I approach the tank
Rhyles2k

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:05 pm   

Welcome to the forum....:)
~~~Sonja~~~
sonyj

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:15 pm   

Welcome and we all love to see pictures!
8 RES: Tampa, Bay, Exclamation (Male R.I.P. 2-10-07), Question-mark, Tiny Tim, Pan Handle (Male), Squirt, & Crush.

KI4JAV

www.notyourdaddysguncases.com
TinySlider2

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:20 pm   

Glad to have you! Hope we can help.
8 RES: Pan Handel, Tiny Tim, Question-Mark, Tampa, Bay, Crush, Exclamation, & Squirt.

1 Common Snapper
tinyslider

Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:20 pm   

Welcome to Turtle Talk :)

27 Turtles. 6 Tortoises.
JessicaTS

Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:35 pm   

Well, it's going to get cold in Beantown, so a submersible water heater is definitely recommended. The plastic bin--is it a Rubbermaid, Sterlite or similar container? You can use a submersible water heater in them--I used to, and to ease my mind about possible melting, I bought a heater guard for it (keeps it off the floor of the container in case the suction cups don't hold and will protect your turtle from the possibility of burning himself if he decides to lay on it). Figure on about 5 watts per gallon of water. There's a wide selection here: www.bigalsonline.com They sell heater guards as well (made by Tronic, but they fit a number of other models, just make sure the lengths are compatible).
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:11 pm   

welcome, I am also somewhat new, found this site about a week ago.
juicedgt02

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.