Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Shell problems:Please Help

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:47 pm   Shell problems:Please Help

Hello everyone...
I'm having a little trouble with one of my turtles...Cody. I'm noticing a few whitish areas on his shell...I was reading a few things online and it stated benadine was good for disinfecting...(he's going to the vet in a week but I wanted to do something in the meantime...I want to prevent him from getting worse...I just wanted to know if you all could guide me a little in going about this. Is Benadine an appropriate disinfectant for turtles? How long should I put him in the water for? Will this affect the other turtles? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
Update:
Ziggy seems to be doing a lot better...She has a nesting area in her tank...(I'm still taking her to the vet just to be on the safe side) She is swimming a lot more and her appetite is definately back :lol: My girl is back and I'm so happy about that...Thank you all for your advice and support...We all appreciate it.

I'll inform you all of their website which should be completed in a few days. :)
ZMLC

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:08 am   

Sorry I meant Betadine...

~Dennise
ZMLC

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:57 am   

I'm not sure how to help you with this but just wanted to point out that you've also posted this to the urgent care section as well. There is no need in cross posting. If you posted under the wrong section by accident then you can make a note to a moderator and they will remove the one you posted incorrectly. :)
~~~Sonja~~~
sonyj

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:28 pm   

I didn't know that...but thanks
~Dennise
ZMLC

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.