Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Whats up from North Dakota?!

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:57 am   Whats up from North Dakota?!

I have had my baby Dash for about 3 months now and just was cursing along and found this awsome forum! Keep up with the awsome postings! and I love the advice that I have found so far!

btw... Dash isnt really a baby... he is about 7ish inches long from the front of his shell to the back if that is how you measure them?! :?
undflygirl

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:10 am   

Welcome :)
SCL (Straight Lenght Carapace) is what you should be measuring (not including the head or the tail) just the carapce :)

27 Turtles. 6 Tortoises.
JessicaTS

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:23 am   

Welcome to the board. :D
STRAYKINGFISHER

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:34 am   

Welcome!

How did you come about having Dash as a member of your family? I'm new here, yet I have noticed a trend of people aquiring turts that are under that 4 inch rule. (At least the other new people, and I am one of those.)

I was also curious what kind of set up you have for Dash...
missibsu

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:38 am   

Just wondering... alot of members here have taken in turtles from the wild or shops (malls, streets etc)
Has anyone got a turt from a breeder?

27 Turtles. 6 Tortoises.
JessicaTS

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:42 am   

TurtleSirens wrote:Just wondering... alot of members here have taken in turtles from the wild or shops (malls, streets etc)
Has anyone got a turt from a breeder?

Maybe you should set up a poll???

Mine came from one of those tiny stands in the middle of the mall. At the time I didn't think anything of it because I didn't know proper care. Now I just feel sorry for them. I've considered taking action against them, but I do not even know if they are still there. Plus, they will just move on to another mall. Any thoughts?
missibsu

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:47 am   

Good idea on the poll, I'll set one up Thanks :D

And turtle stands never stay in one place for a long period of time, they're always on the move :(

27 Turtles. 6 Tortoises.
JessicaTS

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:21 pm   

Welcome to the forum. :)
~~~Sonja~~~
sonyj

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:25 pm   

I actually was at the Pet store looking around and I was pricing out some different things I would need for Dash and at that time the Pet store was renovating and completely getting rid of the tanks they had. So I made a deal with them, I would buy Dash if they would sell me a tank just to start him in which was 15 gallons (I know its small but it was a start) with the lights that I needed.
That day I took home the tank, bought a filter, heater, both UVB and UVA lamps and turtle dock. Brought it home sat it up and let the filter run over night so it could clean the water a little bit. The next day we went back and took Dash with us and he is living with me now. The Pet store hasn't gotten any turtles in since I bought Dash. Right now I am in the process of moving him to a bigger tank, but school has gotten in the way so I am feeling that will be an evening project in the next few days.
undflygirl

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:28 pm   

Good grief, school starts tomorrow doesn't it? hehe jk.

Good on the process :)

27 Turtles. 6 Tortoises.
JessicaTS

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:52 pm   

as much as it sucks classes actually started a few weeks ago, life has just been absolutely insane. I'm a Commercial Aviation Student so part of my classes are flying and other stuff. The first few weeks are not the most enjoyable for me, but it slows down in about a week or so. I will try and put some pictures up of Dash and his setup here towards the end of the week.
undflygirl

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:56 pm   

I'm still in high, now a junior. Classes start tomorrow :? Gonna be AP in biology, u.s history, and math ... bit boring..

27 Turtles. 6 Tortoises.
JessicaTS

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:41 pm   

Welcome. :) What size tank/container will you be upgrading to?
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:26 pm   

I graduated from Ball State University in July and my two turts are how I have spent a lot of my graduation money...Good luck with school though, I wish I could be going back in a way. It would give me something to do
Missi

2 RES, 1 cat, and a spoiled rotten pug.
missibsu

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:02 pm   

your info says you are from ohio? where at because I am orignally from Ohio, I just go to ND for school because it was way cheaper!

Dash is getting upgraded to a 30 gallon tank for now, which will be a major improvement for him. Once he gets in there I will post some pictures. I know he is supposed to have a bigger tank for his size, but as bad as it is I am waiting on a few big fishies who are getting older in age to die so Dash can take their 55 gallon tank :oops:
undflygirl

Next

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.