Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: umm...Hi!

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:28 pm   umm...Hi!

Hey everyone!

I'm Tye. I just got a Red Eared Slider today! He's really young and so cute. I'm not sure if its a boy or a girl so I just asumed it was a boy and named him Fritz. The guy that I got him from was holding him in his pocket :evil: and he didn't seem to happy and even though I dont know too much about Turtles I think I can give him a better life then that. I've looked around and have learned sooo much already so ya...I guess this is hi!

-Tye
neonXpolkaXdots

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:31 pm   

Hi Tye and Welcome. Keep reading the posts and read them again. There is a lot of information on here to absorb so take your time and be thorough. We're here to answer questions if needed. :)

Again Welcome and Congratulations on the new addition.
Carol
cam722
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:48 pm   

Welcome! And good job on that rescue :-)
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:09 pm   

Welcome, enjoy your new addition! :)
TexasJagsFan

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:10 pm   

What kind of set up do you have your turt in now?
Dylan ~17~, Brianna~14~ Ethan ~10~ Ava ~4~
flutterby

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:29 pm   

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the replys. Oh Flutterby right now he has a pritty crappy set up because when I got him the guy also sold me this green plastic container w/ a black palm tree. I know this set up is like well...awfull. So tomorrow I'm going to get him like a tank and a light and stuff. But for right now he has water, rocks and a place to stand on and stuff...poor guy he's had a tough day, but for sure tomorrow Im getting him everthing he needs.

-Tye
neonXpolkaXdots

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:45 pm   

I suggest you read all the stickys on what you need for a good setup and do it right the first time, or at least to the best of your ability. Go as big as you can with the tank/filter etc. It will save you time and money in the long run on having to upgrade. Let us know how you make out and what sort of setup you decide on.. :)
Carol
cam722
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:51 pm   

Ya i've been looking around and getting soo many good tips...this place rocks! And Im definatly going all out to get fritz a good cage, he deserves it. :D

-Tye
neonXpolkaXdots

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:11 pm   

Hi and welcome. :D It was good of you to rescue Fritz (although you won't know until the shell is about 4 inches long whether you have a male). Try to get your turtle into a good set-up as soon as possible. If you have specific questions, just post.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:50 pm   

Hi and welcome to the board, sounds like you are off to a good start, congratulations on your new friend, there is plenty more friends on this board, anything you can't figure out, just let us know. :D :D
STRAYKINGFISHER

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.