Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Hello Everyone!

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:17 am   Hello Everyone!

Hello, my name is Melody. Friends call me Mel. I am new to turtles. I have many pets. Four cats (Soxie, Nera, Spike, and Minksie), a cockatiel and a Mourning Dove.

I am going off to college in a couple of weeks. I'm going to be a Psychology major and minor in Japanese. I would like to be a translator/interpreter.

I think my cats are a little curious about Sid... :?

Anybody else mix cats and turtles?
Sid Vicious, Baby RES
Cats: Soxie, Nera, and Minksie. All mixed breeds. And Spike, a Norwegian Forest Cat.

"I never realized that looking at the tears would make me laugh, and looking at the laughs would make me cry." ~Unknown
pretty.rock.machine

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:45 am   

Welcome! I, myself have no other pets right now. Just make sure the cats can't get at the turtles.
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:57 am   

welcome! I have a cap and a RES. My cat won't bother the turt though. I held the cat up to teh tank once, it tried its best to get away, while the turt swam as close as it could, and I'm sure, tried to eat the cat.... Silly turtle
bradhart

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:49 am   

I have 2 cats and 1 turtle. I've got a sweet shot of one of the hooligans with their arm into the tank and paw resting on Willy. :] I'll post it later when I get home.

I've since cat proofed it better.
Adam
pkneeyahx
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:45 am   

Well only one of my cats really shows interest in him. Spike won't leave him alone. I think it's just curiousity. Sid is becoming more brave about them though. :)
Sid Vicious, Baby RES
Cats: Soxie, Nera, and Minksie. All mixed breeds. And Spike, a Norwegian Forest Cat.

"I never realized that looking at the tears would make me laugh, and looking at the laughs would make me cry." ~Unknown
pretty.rock.machine

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:28 pm   

Hello :)

I have a dog who is a little interested in my RES, she would sit and watch it now and again... I think perhaps she is a little bemused with it!

And on occassion when I take Spanky out of his tank and let him walk around the garden in the sun, Lucky would sniff him and then go and lie down. Then again, she is the laziest dog in the world - so it might be too much like hard work pestering the RES!
Hammy
Hammy

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:12 pm   

A good dog though, lazy dogs stay out of trouble.

Spike and Minksie have been the problems. I left a couple turtle pellets in a dish and Minksie (I think it was her) climbed up there and ate them! I'm sure she will be fine, but I thought it was funny that a cat would eat turtle food... :lol:
Sid Vicious, Baby RES

pretty.rock.machine

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:29 pm   

Hi and welcome!

I have four cats, we're you going to college?
TexasJagsFan

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:55 pm   

Kansas State University. :)
Sid Vicious, Baby RES

pretty.rock.machine

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:43 pm   

That's the Wildcats right?
TexasJagsFan

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:05 am   

Yep. I went to some of the football games when the team was really good a couple years back. I hope that they get better this year...
Sid Vicious, Baby RES

pretty.rock.machine

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:46 pm   

Yeah they where back in the Big XII championship like 4 years ago. I remember the hail mary where the guy got tackled on the one yard line, and then Gammatica missing a kick.
TexasJagsFan

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.